Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Special Surprise Today!


One of the dozen butterflies we released on Jamie's Birthday


Today, we received a letter from our oldest son.  He said it was a project he did in Religion class (have I mentioned how blessed we are to send our children to Catholic school!) 

The yellow ribbon that was tied around the piece of paper should have been a sign of how special it would be.  I opened it and at first glance noticed that it was written on a pink paper with pink roses and butterflies all over it!  Be still my heart, my moody thirteen year old pays attention!!!! 

The letter read:


Dear Mom and Dad,

Your blessings that you have bestowed upon me, have been generous and faithful.
I just want to say, that I love you and always will forever and ever.

I picked a psalm that was for a butterfly and was meant to be.
Blessed be God, who did not refuse me the kindness I sought in prayer.
Psalm 66:20.

Love J,
I Love You

Jamie, our darling butterfly, you are not always just on mommy and daddy's mind, but your sweet older brothers' also! 



And if you are wondering about the butterfly release in the picture,  
We can't say enough about The Butterfly Release Company
We were able to have a special inscription on the "envelopes".  We followed their exact delivery instructions and all of our butterflies arrived intact and made Jamie's 1st Birthday an unbelievable memory!!!

No comments: