Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago...

I was completely oblivious of true evil in the world.

The worst stories that this country has endured all occurred well before I arrived on Earth.

We were schooled about the American Revolution. 
Slavery and the Civil War. 
The poor immigrants that I descend from. 
The Great Depression. The Holocaust.

And Pearl Harbor.

 USS Arizona Memorial

I never knew that ten years ago that it would be my turn to experience real history in my lifetime.....

9/11

A date that is etched in my brain forever.

I could tell you where I was that day....but that doesn't matter.

It is about where I wasn't. 

I wasn't where too many lives were lost in front of everyone's eyes in a flash.


.................................


The only good thing that came about that day?

Our little Bunny was due exactly 40 weeks later.......

Life blooms in the midst of despair.

He did and still does gives us hope that there is still good in this world. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, your heart is so beautiful and amen to this. What a gorgeous post.