Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 12: How has the rest of your family dealt with your loss?

This is a bone of contention.....

Not for me....for them.

I didn't want to know while I was carrying.  
I didn't want to know after I lost her.

I simply told a family member that I didn't care.

NOT that I didn't want to care....but I couldn't care.
  The burden was heavy enough for me, that I just could not worry about everyone else.  
It was too exhausting.

But if I said it once, I will say it again.

 
We, as parents, are the ONLY ones that wake up every day without a child.  There is not a day that we get relief from it.  It is our burden.  Our pain.  The reality is (in MY opinion) that their lives can go on without her.  


 
They can move forward and forget much easier.  

How do I know?  

Because I have seen it time and time again.  A friend has lost a child and I think..."I will never recover".  
Then one day, I haven't thought of that child for months. 

It is the reality. 
Cold hard reality or not.....it just is.

1 comment:

Kara Masi said...

This is the most honest and real post I've ever read. It's 100% true; only the parent will wake up everyday longing for the child that left too soon.... everybody else will just go on with life.